WorldCent Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here.

3 posters

Go down

Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here. Empty Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here.

Post  twocents Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:55 pm

I found an 1847 silver 8 Rigsbankskilling/2.5 Schill coin as dual currency from Schleswig Holstein and Denmark. I will post a picture when I figure out how to do it.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here. Empty Re: Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here.

Post  AGgressive Metal Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Nice!
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here. Empty Re: Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here.

Post  twocents Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:27 pm

I found it in an NF Strings penny roll.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  uthminsta Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Found several British current coins, including a two pound coin and a couple of one pounds... AT A PAYPHONE IN THE ATLANTA AIRPORT. Coulda been from any country in the world, but they were from one I have been actively pursuing for over 10 years. And yes, some were dates I didn't have.
uthminsta
uthminsta

Back to top Go down

Post  twocents Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:57 pm

uthminsta wrote:Found several British current coins, including a two pound coin and a couple of one pounds... AT A PAYPHONE IN THE ATLANTA AIRPORT. Coulda been from any country in the world, but they were from one I have been actively pursuing for over 10 years. And yes, some were dates I didn't have.

Nice finds. I love finding something unusual in coin returns.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  uthminsta Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 pm

twocents wrote:Nice finds. I love finding something unusual in coin returns.
Even better. They were just sitting on the little "shelf" at the bottom of the phone. It was like the guy dug all the change out of his pocket to get enough to call for his ride, and thought, "Oh crap, I'm never going back to England, I don't need this stuff weighing my pockets down any more!"
So I come along and YOINK!
My wife had a guy come through her checkout lane at WalMart the other day and gave her a 2009 tenpence. Aww yeah.
uthminsta
uthminsta

Back to top Go down

Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here. Empty Let's see if this works, posting a picture.

Post  twocents Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 am

Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here. Coin_110

Last edited by twocents on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  uthminsta Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 am

That's Denmark. What year and size is it? I can't read it for sure.
And it helps if you crop your pictures down before you post, using an image editing software.

EDIT: oops, I posted the wrong link. Here he is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_VIII_of_Denmark
uthminsta
uthminsta

Back to top Go down

Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here. Empty This is the reverse. Just figured out how to improve the image.

Post  twocents Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:09 am

Post your old, obsolete European coin finds here. Coin_210

Last edited by twocents on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  uthminsta Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:20 am

Oh. Oops. I guess I didn't connect it to the coin from the first post, because it didn't look silver from the obverse. But yeah, that's a pretty great find. Where'd you find it?
uthminsta
uthminsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down