WorldCent Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals

+2
AGgressive Metal
jadedragon
6 posters

Go down

How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals Empty How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals

Post  jadedragon Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:34 am

Anyone with kids and an interest in Precious Metals should find some interesting reading in How to Teach your Kids to Invest in Precious Metals I'd love to know what others think about it.
jadedragon
jadedragon

http://www.innovativepassiveincome.com

Back to top Go down

How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals Empty Re: How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals

Post  AGgressive Metal Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:47 am

Very cool, JD. I wish someone had given me a silver round at 9 months old! Razz
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals Empty Re: How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals

Post  twocents Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:46 pm

I gave both of my older kids, 3 and 6 at the time, 2008 silver American Eagles. My youngest, less than a year at the time, will have to wait a little.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  Pennysaved Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:31 pm

I think it would be worth buying a child a World Coin book and giving them some silver and some junk foreign coins. Not only will the learn about coin collecting but its a good way to learn about Geography and world history. Its hard not to hold a coin in your hand from the 1800s and not want to look it up and read about it.

Pennysaved

Back to top Go down

Post  twocents Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Take your young children to a coin show. I took my 6 year-old daughter to the Mid-American Coin Show. Everyone was giving her coins, IHP, Ikes, uncirculated wheats. no actual PM coins, but who would give those out. My daughter really wanted a loop, so she could look official.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  uthminsta Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:58 pm

My Ruthie and Sarah want to go to shows. Problem is, they're always on Sundays around here. We have other plans each Sunday morning, if you know what I mean. But I really want her to take her Lincoln Whitman folder and ask for help filling it. Everyone else there (besides me) is age 60-99, and I think they would flip (and maybe break a hip) if a 6-year-old came to the show.
uthminsta
uthminsta

Back to top Go down

Post  twocents Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:58 pm

Trust me, everyone goes nuts, the serious coin people and the children. My daughter would have traded every dollar she owns for IHPs from the junk box.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  uthminsta Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 am

Wouldn't you give her free coins?
How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals 4102502589_8c61164099
By the way, she's stacking some precious metals... those are some of my coppers.
uthminsta
uthminsta

Back to top Go down

Post  twocents Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:51 am

She is cute, but she is stacking base metal, not PM.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  jadedragon Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:57 am

Naw it's precious metal... precious to her Laughing
jadedragon
jadedragon

http://www.innovativepassiveincome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  twocents Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:58 am

Uthminsta thinks it is his, but I would argue it is hers.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

How to Teach Your Child to Invest in Precious Metals Empty How to teach your child

Post  johnbrickner Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:50 pm

I agree with taking your child to a coin show. My then 7 yr old son was given a bunch of coinage also, including a Whitman(sp?) book for his pennys. We got there late on Sunday afternoon so he also got a few "deals" on coins he purchased. I let him make his own decisions on the coins he bought. The dealers were good and didn't rip him off. They appreciated a final sale before closing up for the day and were glad to see a youngster joining the ranks.

johnbrickner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum