WorldCent Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you a silver bull?

+5
twocents
Ardent Listener
barrytrot
HoardCopperByTheTon
AGgressive Metal
9 posters

Go down

Are you a silver bull? Empty Are you a silver bull?

Post  AGgressive Metal Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 am

I have heard many people say and have read many articles claiming that silver has amazing upside. I am generally partial to this view, but I'm not holding my breath. What are people's thoughts? Silver has so many uses that it will always be valuable - the real question is whether or not silver will go up significantly in dollar terms.

Also, does anyone else follow Ted Butler?
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Are you a silver bull? Empty Re: Are you a silver bull?

Post  HoardCopperByTheTon Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:49 am

Yes, I am a silver bull. I believe it will go up, but a lot of that gain is really the dollar going down.
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardCopperByTheTon

Back to top Go down

Post  barrytrot Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:51 am

From an investment perspective bullion is just a way to mitigate my near COMPLETE exposure to the US Dollar.

My business, etc. are all nearly fully tied to the dollar, it's even in our contracts Smile

So, buying something that isn't tied to it is perhaps my only hope Smile

But, I think bullion is slated for a nice few year run regardless of "super inflation" or just "Barack Obama inflation" (also known as near super inflation).

barrytrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Listener Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:03 pm

I'm a silver bull. What I like about silver is its industrial applications in addition to its monetary value. Yes, I read Ted Butler and agree with him in general. But as knowledgeable Ted is about the silver market, he still is on the payroll of Investment Rarities which sells silver. Still, long term he appears to have a good handle on what is going to occur in the physical silver market.

Ardent Listener

Back to top Go down

Post  twocents Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:08 pm

I believe silver is going to $50. It is just going to take several/many years. I am in this for the long term. Smile
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks for the replies. Silver is so volatile that eventually the bulls will have to be right - that's one way I like to look at it. So long as you can bring yourself to sell some when it shoots up, you will make money.
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post  aloneibreak Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:11 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:Thanks for the replies. Silver is so volatile that eventually the bulls will have to be right - that's one way I like to look at it. So long as you can bring yourself to sell some when it shoots up, you will make money.

and there is another problem - i can never bring myself to sell my precious silver!

aloneibreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Pennysaved Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:24 pm

I think silver will outshine gold in the next several years. I think the gold to silver ratio is too far off right now and silver will have to go up to get the ratio more in its historical range

Also, how many people can afford an ounce of gold right now? I read some article that said 1 oz silver coins are one of the most bought items at the coin stores

Pennysaved

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Pennysaved wrote:I read some article that said 1 oz silver coins are one of the most bought items at the coin stores

This is definitely true if my anecdotal evidence from two different Cincinnati dealers means anything.
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Listener Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Selling is a problem. I was holding silver way back when the Hunt brothers drove the price up towards $50. Back then we had no Internet and information was slow to come if it came at all. When the price hit $50 many of us were afraid to sell since hard money newsletters were saying that the reason the price was moving up was because the dollars was about the collapse. (Sound familiar?)

In my opinion a silver investor needs to judge why silver is up and if it is overvalued at any given time. Most of us aren't traders, but on the other hand when it becomes obvious that silver is over bought then it is time to bail out or at least get prepared to not cry when it falls back down to earth again.

Ardent Listener

Back to top Go down

Post  HoardCopperByTheTon Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:44 pm

I sold everything the day silver hit $50. Had to discount it to move it. The next day the price tanked. I will never time a market that well again in my lifetime.
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardCopperByTheTon

Back to top Go down

Post  twocents Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:59 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:I sold everything the day silver hit $50. Had to discount it to move it. The next day the price tanked. I will never time a market that well again in my lifetime.

Hoard, you are aging yourself. I wasn't even in kindergarten at that time. Perhaps you were a toddler PM broker, like the kid on those Etrade commercials.
twocents
twocents

Back to top Go down

Post  Market Harmony Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:45 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:What are people's thoughts?

MOOOOOO! Smile

Market Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Market Harmony wrote:
AGgressive Metal wrote:What are people's thoughts?

MOOOOOO! Smile

MH is a silver cow Laughing
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Are you a silver bull? Empty RE: Silver Bull

Post  johnbrickner Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Yes to both questions. Have been collecting silver for 15+ years. Bars, bullion, circulated coins, slabbed coins in MS, and even jewelry. I'll pick it up where ever I can get a deal, which is getting fewer and further between lately. May even start sorting 1/2s to find more.

johnbrickner

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Welcome to the forum, John.
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down