WorldCent Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the world's best fiat currency to hold?

+2
uthminsta
AGgressive Metal
6 posters

Go down

What is currently the best fiat currency?

What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_lcap0%What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_lcap14%What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_lcap14%What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_lcap0%What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_lcap29%What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_lcap29%What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Empty What is the world's best fiat currency to hold?

Post  AGgressive Metal Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:07 pm

If you had to hold all your wealth in one currency, what would it be?
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Empty Re: What is the world's best fiat currency to hold?

Post  AGgressive Metal Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Yikes, who says Pound Sterling?
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Empty Re: What is the world's best fiat currency to hold?

Post  uthminsta Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:57 pm

The question, taken quite literally, would be US dollars for me. I live in the US, and I couldn't buy gas or groceries or clothes with Francs or Euros or Pounds. But yeah, I get it.
uthminsta
uthminsta

Back to top Go down

Post  JTM3_RCM Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:Yikes, who says Pound Sterling?

I did! Embarassed Makes it easier to get one and two pence coins for face to sort through.... I guess.

But really are any better than another? Farther into massive inflation, yes. but what makes the U.S. Dollar any different the Zimbabwean dollar (now defunct?).

JTM3_RCM

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Well I just ask because Britain has been having all the same debt and over-spending problems as us, and there is talk in Europe about "when will the Pound meet the Euro?" Similar to discussion here about the US dollar sinking to the level of the Canadian or the Canadian appreciating, whichever way you look at it.

I say Swiss Franc because they have sane monetary policy and levels of debt, and it is historically very respected. The Yen and Euro are not horrible, either.

Obviously, none of them are as good as PMs.
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post  jadedragon Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 am

I'd say Canadian Dollar or Swiss Franc. The Conservative Government in Canada is doing a pretty good job holding down spending. No money spent to bail out the rock solid Canadian banks. Limited money into the Auto Sector (US Government forced that one on Canada). The Canadian dollar is also going to rise as commodities recover.

The Swiss Franc is just a good solid currency and always has been.
jadedragon
jadedragon

http://www.innovativepassiveincome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Junk Woody Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:26 pm

I voted other for the Chinese Yuan
Junk Woody
Junk Woody

Back to top Go down

Post  daviscfad Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I say british pound
daviscfad
daviscfad

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Why!?! It has horrible fundamentals and is weakening faster than the dollar! Explain yourselves Poundsters! tongue
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:18 pm

jadedragon wrote:I'd say Canadian Dollar or Swiss Franc. The Conservative Government in Canada is doing a pretty good job holding down spending. No money spent to bail out the rock solid Canadian banks. Limited money into the Auto Sector (US Government forced that one on Canada). The Canadian dollar is also going to rise as commodities recover.

The Swiss Franc is just a good solid currency and always has been.

I agree. I would have voted Canadian dollar on fundamentals, but they don't have the same history of currency strength as the Swiss and they will have more temptation to boost exports than the Swiss. Definitely my #2. #3 is tie between Euro and Australian Dollar. I trust the Euro a little more because it has Germans running it, but there is also the political risk of Southern Europe defaulting on loans or going back to their old currencies (Greece, Portugal, Spain, Italy).
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:05 pm

What is the world's best fiat currency to hold? Pound
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post  daviscfad Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:25 am

I guess b.c its been around since the creation of the world lol
daviscfad
daviscfad

Back to top Go down

Post  AGgressive Metal Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:40 am

daviscfad wrote:I guess b.c its been around since the creation of the world lol

That is a legitimate point - but overall they are still in the same position as the US dollar; long-term inflation as their debt mounts.

Their notes are pretty - that's always a bonus geek
AGgressive Metal
AGgressive Metal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down